Friday, August 3, 2012

Just killin' time... WITH LOADS OF CASH!

Well, it's official, we have a mortgage!


Okay, now we are officially in the money.... the debt money. SIGH! But it is totally worth it. This is the biggest purchase any family will make (unless they rent forever, which I would NEVER DO!). So, what are we getting with our Space Bucks?

Anchor Photo 1:

Anchor Photo 2:



Isn't it stunning!


Can't you just imagine coming home to this! I can't wait to get some hanging baskets (in the summer) and plant something beautiful around the sides. I LOVE the way this porch turned out. It took the linearity out of the front of the house and gave it some real character.


And of course, the screened in porch is partially screened, and the stairs have gone up! I actually missed the stairs completely when I first started looking around. Ryan, the carpenter who was working on the stairs was talking to me, and I was getting some lighting inside, and well.... didn't notice.... at all. Then I walked out, and Josh asked me what I thought, I was enamored with the screened porch, but had no idea about the stairs. What a dork I am. Well, I notice now!


Of course, when I said I was bringing things in, I meant adding to the pile. Here's all the House-e stuff how in the basement. I had to add the chainsaw and the cooler today as well because the trench digger was here. Brian finally had some time off to come dig our electrical trench. Along with that they started to prep the sauna, which will hopefully be down by the lake in two weeks when he's got some more time.


In addition to getting our stuff out of the sauna, they also lifted it up a little and began to prep the bottom so that when they skid it down and set it on the dirt at the base of the hill, it won't break in two (either in transit or when it is finally down there).

So, that's our big news. The ESA guy is finally going to come on Tuesday, and we waited because our contractor didn't want to have the local ESA guy flip out and demand paperwork that he does not have. Not a problem. The guys have obviously been busy doing exterior stuff, and I can hardly complain. Hopefully we'll be closer when we start up next week.

Did I mention that I love my front porch! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment