Friday, August 24, 2012

Update already!!! Yeah, I know...

I will be the first to admit that I am not blogging as much as I can about house progress lately. It's just that not much is evident in photos. I could take a million photos detailing the slow and almost negligible progress on the mudding and taping (which is nearly done on the main floor... except the screw holes), I choose instead to do nothing, and wait until something FUN actually happens... Like this:






Josh and I bought some Tongue-and-Groove Pine to cover the screen-porch ceiling. Since it was not per-finished or treated, we had to stain all the boards. We chose a night reddish hue, and while I stained, Josh puttered and made some small decisions.





In the end, we had a good bit of weather for them to dry in, and we learned a lot about staining.... such as not leaving dark patches on it.... and ignoring the directions in favor of going with what my father originally told me about stain (light but consistent). The final product did have some streaks and blobs, but given the limited and dirty space I had to work in, I was very happy with the results. Live and Learn!


So, to Starbucks I went! I saved a seat for Lauren, hoping she would come play crib with me.... she didn't.



And then, of course, there was the Bass tournament in the Falls, in which I found a vendor who was selling Goat's Milk Soap. She had her goat with her to attract attention. I don't think that goat was ever left alone. So cute!!! ♥

I will show you our new bookcase later, and of course, I will take photos of the house tomorrow when we go talk to our cabinets guy.  Look for an actual update then!

No comments:

Post a Comment