Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Home stretch

I've been waiting patiently, holding my breath for each new change. Today was a worthwile trip down to the lake, despite the choking paint fumes.

There has been a lot of progress! Jack and his team must have been out in full force, and the results are everywhere!






For example, take a look at the deck, which is finally finished! Door is attached, and there will be no more wasps entering the sacred haven!



And the interior: well, the basement mess shows much.
Can you spot:
- the water pipes
- the tile saw
- the eavestrough cutter
- the messy dust
- the air born paint particles






Let's take a look at the interior:
Here's the main floor paint colour... it is a tan with a green ting. Our room is grey, and the living room is unfinished. 


The bathroom is getting it's finishing touches too. Here's the tile being put on the roof of our shower. It will be at an angle to the tile on the walls. What an amazing job!



And la pièce de résistance, our sauna is done! (almost)

I walked down to find that not only was the roof completed using the extra roofing from the house, but upon closer inspection, they put in the roof chimney (but not the interior), they realigned the wood stove, and patched up the crack in the concrete... and...


They built stairs!!! They are amazing!


And look, Pryde's even sunk our water pump... you can't see it here, but the pipes are a little loose... I wonder how they will be sunk forever. I am worried about them shifting.


Well, homeward bound. The sun is setting on the Causeway as I drive back into town. This is the view I have to look forward to every day, and I am grateful.


Too bad the bugs hit my windshield!

No comments:

Post a Comment