Sunday, September 16, 2012

I remember mom...

I remember mom used to do little fix-me-up projects when dad went out of town. I, to this day, was amazed at what she did when he was not looking. More often than not, the result was wonderful, but met with a little anger/frustration on dad's part (he did plan on doing 'that' (project)... just not right away!)

It's with a little glee that I can say that my day at the property without Josh was equally fun!
My trip started at Canadian Tire:


We had discussed getting the bulkhead painted in the screen porch before it got cold. The wood on the bulkhead is not pressure treated, and if left through the winter, could become warped or rotten. I took it upon myself to take care of this little project.... I began with primer... we're eventually going to paint it white. I guess I shall wait until next weekend to actually paint.

Before:

After:


But that's not the only thing which occupied my time... here's my laundry, drying on the rail of the deck:



And of course, some progress was made in the house on Friday... the interior is fully primed (with some small patchwork being done as well. We are that much closer to the end. We simply need to get our plumbers butts into gear! They've been dragging their heels....








No comments:

Post a Comment