Saturday, July 28, 2012

Now we have siding!

As the siding project comes to a close, we are still waiting on the Electrical Safety Authority, or ESA to give us the go ahead with our insulation. We anticipate that may be next week. For now, we finally get a better view  of our odd colour choices:

Anchor Photo 1:


Anchor Photo 2:


I actually like the play of colours, especially with the pop of white on under the roof and around the windows.


In my opinion, the back of the house (that facing the road) is mighty plain, and boring. I keep attempting to picture the look of the ornaments and decorations that I will be adding, plus grass and landscaping, but it is difficult to picture. Please, keep in mind that the house needs plants!


Our ducting, looks like we need that vent to go higher!


A view from our bedroom, looking into the doorways of the guest/kid? rooms. I just like how we actually fit all the rooms on the main floor :)

Okay, that's all for now. I don't anticipate much until the ESA is contacted. We are also fighting to get our sauna down to the bottom of the property. It would be really REALLY nice if we could use it before the summer is over. The clock is ticking... and we'll have to go back to work before we know it. Gosh, I want to see progress so badly!

We did buy all of our flooring, and now all the lights. We're looking at getting our cabinet guy to do my master bathroom cabinets, since we can't find anything that works for my tastes. Additionally, we're still working on buying appliances, but the fridge is causing a problem. I am looking for a bottom drawer freezer with a pull-out drawer that actually pulls out right, and am having no luck. As a result, we may not get the appliance set we had chosen, but will still be looking for a similar set. I just hope that can be resolved next week. SIGH! Bleeding money :)Filling the wound with dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that progress on the construction could not keep moving. But at least your siding looks great! I love the color you chose. It really does make the white pop and look cleaner. How long did it take for the siding job to be finished, by the way?

    - Rodney O. -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of your siding! It makes all of the white really stand out. I'm glad to see you went with a roof that has vertical seams. That kind is becoming more popular these days, mainly because they require less maintenance than shingles, tiles or horizontal seams. Snow and rain usually just slide right off of the vertical seams and onto the floor, therefore keeping them from damaging the roof.

    -- Lorilee Sigler

    ReplyDelete