Tuesday, June 26, 2012

♪♪ I'm so close to the WATERLINE ♪♪

♪  This is about to go down as the big one! ♪

Well, one month is almost up! I can't believe how fast it has gone. And, of course, we are about at our 35% marker. Today really pushed the progress over the edge. Let's just show you what the last two days have been like:

June 25th:

Anchor photo:


I know it does not look like much has happened, until you turn to look on the other side of the sauna....


YAY SEPTIC! I have never been so happy to see a sewage tank area! The backfill was placed, and the pipes are laid. Brian Allan, our digger/septic guy, has been doing an amazing job.



And here is the other magic about June 25th... we have the deck going in. It makes sense considering the roofing was about to happen the next day, so I was very happy to see it, but so JEALOUS that I could not go up and take a look. Josh has been diligent in keeping me safe and out of the way, but I still wish I could go up and swing a hammer. I want to be involved so badly! The guys jokingly asked me to help lift the wood, but when I went to do it, they redacted their request. Phooey!



OH, AND WE HAVE A CHIPPY! Not that that truly makes me happy since they can be pains for homeowners, but I thought it was adorable that he was a coffee junkie like I am. Maybe we can learn to co-exist?

June 26th:

Anchor photo 1:


Okay, today we add a second anchor photo, because much of what is going on is happening at the front now.

Anchor photo 2:


As you can well see, we have the trusses going up, the roof will not be long. I believe that Jack ordered the  tin roofing yesterday! So, trusses are a go!

Also, trenching and water-line instillation was happening. Sadly, our water-line guy was absent, but the trenching was in full swing. Here's a picture of the trenching down to the water.




So long fire pit!




And of course, looking up toward the property.


Josh and I were at the property for about an hour unloading the tubs and toilets and taking photos, and by the end, you can see that the trusses are all up!




And here are our two lovely workers on the roof.. without tethers, putting up the eaves trough.
They are seriously Spider Monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment